Ok who wants to put away piles of laundry? Not me. But it has to be done every week. I have no idea how people stay on top of it all but here's my 'dump it' method.
1. Dump all the washing out of the baskets and onto the bed.
2. Put on a good movie or series - check out 'Larkrise to Candleford' if you love sweet period dramas.
3. Line up the baskets. There is one for each person in our family. Then one for each of the following: school uniforms, sheets, towels, kitchen and socks (my husband's because they are all dark and all look the same).
4. Start folding and sorting. I usually hang t-shirts onto hangers straight from the washing machine.
5. Put away in cupboards and drawers.
I shall confess that the only thing I iron is my fabric stash and usually when I am quilting or sewing. My husband irons his own work clothes.
Feel free to share your laundry tips below...I am willing to upgrade my methods.