Wednesday 17 April 2013

Small and Quick

Wombat Stew

This should be a small and quick progress report this week. My party drinks blocks for Gemma are almost done. I just have to get out my fabric stamps and name them.


Polaroid 9 Patch

I am sizing the blocks to 13.5" for the polaroid quilt. Two of the rows are sewn together but I had to unpick the dark grey one. I need to resize the seam allowance to match the other orange row.


This Week's  Sewing  Stats

Completed projects  -  0

Currently in progress -    'Let's Party' paper pieced block for Gemma
                                                  Lorax Quilt top
                                                  Dr Seuss Quilt top
                                                   'Polaroid 9 Patch' Quilt top
                                                                                           
Yet to start  -  QCA Bee #1 block for April
                                            


Tiddler in the Sink


And speaking of small and quick, look what I found in our bathroom sink. It's a tiddler water dragon. Easily returned to the pond but still I had to be careful when handling it. They can give a nasty bite. 

Last week I found one in the bath (no water), literally hiding among the bath dinosaurs, lizards and sharks. I thought he was well camouflaged!


Linking up to WiP at Freshly Pieced - a lot of you seem to be joining in on Bloom Bloom Pow over there.


6 comments:

  1. Haha, that's funny it was hiding in the bath toys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that would have made my girls jump if they saw that in the bath toys! lol. Loving the polaroid blocks - must add that to my list of to do's lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fun glasses you made for Gemma and the Polaroid is looking great too!! You have had a lot of reptiles around your home lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the party drinks block and all of those polaroid blocks looks fabulous together! We have been getting a few of the pinkish geckos around our place recently.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That glass block is super cute! And I also love the Polariod.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe he was seeking out playmates among the toys!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.