Sunday 14 April 2013

Sunday Stash #58

Zakka Please! Actually it's Patchwork Please!



If you trio the words Japanese, Paper Piecing and Zakka together you will probably come up with a name - Ayumi Takahashi (Mills). She blogs at Pink Penguin, has a Japanese fabric store on Etsy and is just a genuinely nice person.



This is, surprisingly, her first book but I am sure there are many more to come. After Zakka Style came out last year I was hooked on small everyday projects that the Zakka Style features. What shines through Ayumi's work is her love of text prints and linen, fussy cutting and paper piecing.I pre-ordered my copy through Fish Pond in Australia (although it still shipped from OS). Alyce got her copy in Japan and had Ayumi's signature.



Ayumi's introduction is a delight to read. She goes on to list materials, techniques and resources in careful detail before introducing 19 projects to make.

Now there is a Zakka 2.0 Sew Along starting up next month (June 2013) back at LR Stitched with Lindsey and also at A Quilter's Table with Deb. I like both of these bloggers immensely. I will not have as much time to do all of the projects this time and so I will be making the ones that interest me.

And here are some:







I could do with those three above. The next couple would make lovely gifts as well.




Have I tempted you enough to buy a copy? Or even buy a copy and join me on the SAL? Last year I could not convince any of my QCA friends to join in with me but I did meet some fabulous new people through the Zakka Style SAL - Heidi, Kirsten, Mareen and Vera.  

I am hoping that Amanda, The Patchsmith, will also be back as she was our collective pattern trouble shooter. She also photographed a lot of the tricky sections so that many of us could understand the pattern instructions.


Thank you to the wonderful 11 people who linked up last week and made Sunday Stash worth visiting all week. Next week the guest host will be Kate Quilts so I will join you over there. I will be in Armidale NSW for the weekend so will have to post in advance.

Linky below for this week.


13 comments:

  1. I finally decided I'll join the SAL as well :-) you gave me the final push.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am planning on trying to some of the smaller, quicker projects in time to link up with the SAL :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking forward to seeing your projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got my copy yesterday and made a version of the travelling embroidery project thingy (sorry, it's late here)- looking forward to the SAL again this year altho I am not sure I will make as much as I did last year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You talked me into it--I ordered the book today. I am looking forward to the SAL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You chose some fun projects!! Looking forward to seeing your version of them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in on Zakka 2.0 - should be fun. There are some great projects in the book and I am looking forward to it already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just got my copy of the book, too, and am super excited about Zakka 2.0 on Flickr!! I had the pleasure of meeting Lindsey at Sew South last month and she is just the nicest person ever! I think it is just amazing that we can live half a world away and yet share our love for patchwork and fabric via the computer! Makes me happy :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Zakka 2.0 a-long looks great, i may have just ordered a copy of the book - whoops! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. there are so many fun looking projects in that book, I just might need to get a copy and sew along :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely book! I won't have time to take part, as I've already over committed myself to too many things lol.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i definitely want this book, looks so good! No time to zakka along, though, sadly! thanks for hosting this cool linkup!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.