Wednesday 10 April 2013

Fun That is Funny



Nice to have some progress to report. I finally decided on designing a block using each of the panels. I am shooting for a 16" x 12" block using some the spots and stripes I featured on Sunday Stash last Sunday. I pulled a few other fabrics as well - some Riley Blake, Pezzy Prints, harlequins and solids.



Polaroid 9 Patch

On my design wall (actually our venetian blinds) for the past month has been the donation blocks from my Quilt Club Australia Bee. The girls used my tutorial to make Polaroid 9 Patch blocks in aqua, orange and grey. I am just waiting on one more block to come in this week and then I should be able to piece the front together.


This Week's  Sewing  Stats

Completed projects  -  'Snip it Good' paper pieced block
                                              'Sew Mid Century' paper pieced block for Wombat Stew

Currently in progress -   Lorax Quilt top
                                                  Dr Seuss Quilt top
                                                   'Polaroid 9 Patch' Quilt top
                                                                                           
Yet to start  -  
                             'Let's Party' paper pieced block for Gemma
                             QCA Bee #1 block for April
                         
                          



Linking up later to WiP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced.

8 comments:

  1. Making them into large blocks is a great way to use the Dr Suess panels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on getting started on the Dr Seuss quilt - I like what you've decided to go with!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha ... I remember that Cat In the Hat was the second book I ever read. Such memories! I'm glad you got started on this, you don't want to be all out of things to do! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, I like your thinking with the Seuss blocks. Polaroid top looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing Polaroid quilt! And your Lorax panel-blocks are my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Dr. Suess fabric is so cute. Great quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great start on the Suess quilt!! The Polaroid quilt is going to be a fun one too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love both of those! I really want to do some polaroid blocks for a quilt, but that idea has to wait in line at the moment :)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.