Zakka Style Patchwork Potholders
For some reason I dragged my feet with this project. I think it was more about fabric choices than the actual sewing. I had trouble deciding what to use. I should have gone to my selvedge box first because the second red/pink creation came from there. It was the easiest to put together.
For the green/blue version I got out some Denyse Schmidt fat quarters and lopped off a few ends. I've actually made 4 pot holders from what was initially cut.
The backing and pockets were made from re-purposed tea towels.
The binding is also from my leftover binding stash. I just could not cut into the bias of my dwindling linen supply.
I also managed to sew an orange version of the Ribbon Star block from Freshly Pieced for Kate in the June swap for QCA Beehive #1. I am hoping it is appealing enough for her to overcome her orange aversion!
Kristy of Quiet Play has finished up our Collaborations for a Cause quilt this week. You can see her post here. It is stunning! I love the front of rainbow charms with the contrasting dark grey sashing.
And my quilt back did not come up too badly.
I have been sewing and watching a lovely BBC series called 'Lark Rise to Candleford.' It was highly recommended by Kristy and it does not disappoint. I love the main character - postmistress Dorcas Lane - brilliantly played by actress Julia Sawalha.
I am late but linking up with...