Sunday 18 November 2012

Sunday Stash #40

A Bit of Good Fortune

Today Sunday Stash is being hosted by Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts. So make sure you head over there to link up this week. Alyce is an ex-pat Aussie who has been living in Chiba, Japan for the last few years. She is a quilter, blogger, pattern designer and fabric seller (lots of cute Japanese fabrics in her Etsy store). Look how cute my bundle card is.
About 2 weeks ago she listed some of her precious Kate Spain scraps for sale in her store. I have NO Kate Spain anything. I know, shocking right? I am Wombat Stew friends with Kate Spainoholics Alyce, Gemma, Marieka and Kristy. So I finally bought some of her gorgeous 'Good Fortune' and once it arrived I wondered why it took me so long. It is full of lovely colours and designs. 
Now Alyce managed to grab Kate Spain as a judge of the current 'Sew Seasonal' Blog Hop contest (details here). Are any of you entering? The winner scores some Kate Spain 'Joy' fabrics so it would be worth it. I am going to try and enter something. 
I also bought this sweet little FQ of 'Farmdale Blossom' by Alexander Henry off Alyce as well.  I love orange!
This is a sweet little pouch made for me by Gemma of Pretty Bobbins. She gave it to me when we were in Noumea late last month. And look! Kate Spain dragonflies feature.

I have had 4 inquiries to host Sunday Stash in 2103, so thank you very much. So far we are set for Dec, Jan, Feb and March. If you are interested in picking a later month please let me know below or pop me an email to findingfifth@gmail.com.
See you over at Blossom Heart Quilts for Sunday Stash today.

8 comments:

  1. Good Fortune is definitely my favorite Kate Spain line. It's so gorgeous, and I wish I had gotten in on it when it was readily available! Jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I was the same with Good Fortune - it was only once I had it in my hot little hands and got to try it out that I really fell in love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah! I have the dragonflies in mauve and aqua, like in your first photo! I just didn't know it was Kate Spain! I am so bad with fabric names!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the geometrics, what great blenders they'd be. Must investigate further!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never bought any Farmdale, but I desperately need to one of these days. I love that line! At last I got around to linking up some fabric today -- so glad to finally do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I posted my Sunday Stash report and I am working on the Ornamental Sew Seasonal Blog hop... what fun !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice stash enhancement :) I don't have any 'good fortune', but I did some sewing with a charm pack of 'joy' and they are fun prints to work with. I would like to host Sunday Stash sometime, just let me know when. Hmmm, does this mean I have an obligation to go fabric shopping? I think I can handle that! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.