Monday 5 November 2012

Dining and Lounge Room Tweak

This room was virtually empty when we moved in 3 years ago.  (Apart from the packing boxes that stuck around for about a year!) We had little furniture to put in here.

When I bought the three piece lounge about 1 1/2 years ago, it allowed me to create 3 distinct areas within this HUGE room.

Lounge and TV Area

BEFORE                                                                      AFTER
I still have not managed to convince Duncan to give up his installation of the WTC1&2. He wants to take them to our new house. Thankfully the Titanic is gone.

Quiet Reading

BEFORE                                                                       AFTER
 Bookshelf - We added the double Billy bookcases from IKEA about 1 1/2 years ago. I would like to buy the glass doors to add on to these.

BEFORE                                                                       AFTER
Dining Area

BEFORE                                                                       AFTER
The dining table and chairs belonged to my husband's grandparents. They have that mid-century Parker and Chiswell furniture look and I would love to give them a refurbish. I like the fact that the table can be extended.
 Sideboard - I have plans to change the handles on this piece.
INSIDE
BOOKSHELF

BEFORE                                                                        AFTER
Duncan's LEGO and paper models of the Tower Bridge have pride of place on top. The green bags were full of children's books for me to cover with clear contact for the School and Preschool. They are nearly done.

Music Corner

Then I bought a couple of floor rugs and created a 4th area for playing piano. One day we may be able to afford a real one.
I use dark couch covers to protect my lounges from my three children. I know they don't look great but they will save the original upholstery for now. 


I am linking up with Home Organisation 101 at A Bowl Full of Lemons.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.