Wednesday 28 November 2012

Packing and Binding

I have been finishing up the SLQ of my Katie Jump Kites quilt this week. I got around to trimming it up.
Then making the binding and machine sewing it to the quilt on both sides.
I have to thank Kristy of Quiet Play for suggesting a new way to finish off the end of the binding using a French Binding technique by Molly Flanders. So so so so much easier!


This Week's Stats

Completed projects  -  Katie Jump Kites 

Currently in progress - Mystery Quilt back 
                                               
Yet to start  - 4 Liberty Pillowcases 
                         
On Hold projects   Craftsy BOMs from June, August, September, October and November
                                     - Sherbert Dreams Quilt
                                     
I have also started packing for our MOVING DAY on the 14th December.
Well actually my girlfriend Courtney came by to pack up all my books and she has kicked me into the next phase even though I am still purging in the Master Closet. Thanks Court!

This Week's Moving  Stats

Completed projects  - books from lounge room

Currently in progress - dvs and cds
                                               
Yet to start  - kid's books
                         - everything else!
                         
On Hold projects   



Linking up with WiP
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced


2 comments:

  1. Your quilt looks great! And gotta love Mary's easy binding finish! I use it all the time now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving the quilt! Isn't that binding technique fabulous! I don't think I'll ever look back now!

    How great to have friends to help pack! Looks like you're well under way!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.