Tuesday 31 July 2012

Dry July Round Up

July has been quite a dry and barren sewing month for me. Out of the 31 days, 15 of them were school holidays. So I cannot cross off many items in my 'to do' list for July. I have been involved in a lot of fabric swaps this month - so that meant a lot of cutting and posting of fabric. I also had the travelling fat quarter stash turn up too!

I only completed one Zakka Style project with the Sew Along this month. I finished the Delightful Linen Bag today and I made a start on the Elephant Bookmark as well. I have missed being connected to the Zakka group regularly.

However I did learn an important skill - Paper Piecing (which will come in handy with the Practically Paper Piecing Blog Hop which kicks off at Quiet Play tomorrow. Kristy was the one to, not only inspire me but also, teach me how to do it.
 Practically Paper Piecing
This August @ Quiet Play
Kristy came up with a simple paper pieced house pattern for me to use and I have made a start on a little neighbourhood. Then she designed some trees and helped me to design a simple charm pack tree for the Let's Get Acquainted Blog Hop for small blogs.
Plum and June
Still happening 
The word about Sunday Stash here every Sunday at 'Finding Fifth' is getting out because July saw a regular 5-6 people link up and share their 'finds'. 
Here every Sunday 
Dry July
So here are my actual 'finishes' for July.
8 paper pieced house blocks
4 pp charming trees
1 pp tree
Christmas tree decorations for the Handmade Secret Santa swap
charm square swaps
1 mosaic block for July QCA Bee
Delightful linen bag for the Zakka Style Sew-Along

So how did your July stack up? I guess, one good thing, it will be easy for me to just transfer July's 'to do' list over to August!

Happy Sewing

Linking up with...
Lily's Quilts

10 comments:

  1. Have missed you on the Zakka sew-along so am glad you are back. But I quite understand - what with holidays and everything. Even so you have still been achieved much. I also see you in on the paper-pieced blog hop. I have never paper pieced before so will check that out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you've done quite a lot of paper piecing this month! Well done lovely! Can't wait to see your little neighbourhood all put together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the picture at the top of your blog: beautiful!!
    The houses are very nice.
    Did you know there is a (Dutch) lady who thought of houses too?
    Really small ones, but oh so nice
    http://buildinghousesfromscraps.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty paper pieced blocks and love the bright and cheery colours too! How big are they?

    ReplyDelete
  5. You made load of great stuff. I've got to make a house block for a bee I'm in. Yours are lovely. I also have master paper piecing on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. stop it, stop it!!!! I love all your houses! love them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow such fun looking projects! Those houses are so cute! =D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute little neighborhood you got going on there! All the house block are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a good month to me! Your houses are so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.