Tuesday, 29 October 2013
Making a List
Life at Highlands has kept me very busy this year. I have seen more of my chickens and gardens than I have seen of my sewing room this year.
So as an incentive to get back to sewing as the heat of late Spring keeps my outdoor time limited, I am posting my Making Christmas List. And I am posting it to the linky party.
1. 2 Bee Blocks - November and December are still to come for QCA Bee #1.
2. 2 Wombat Stew projects - There are only two more paper pieced blocks to make in October and November.
3. Binding the Parterre Garden lap quilt - a gift for the Kindergarten teacher who is taking Long Service Leave and having knee surgery in early 2014.
4. Wombat Stew Secret Santa - I already have an idea of the project for my partner. I do have to decide on the fabric and the pattern though.
5. Dr Seuss Quilts - My boys are probably too old for these quilts now but I have a very good friend with two younger boys. I did promise them some quilts when they moved to cooler Armidale earlier this year.
6. Skirts - my daughter has outgrown her skirts from early 2012 and I desperately need to make her some new ones.
I am sure that this list will be challenging enough and even added to before Christmas arrives.