Sunday 29 December 2013

Sunday Stash #95

The Last Post

Well  it's not quite 100 but close enough. This is my 95th Sunday Stash post but also my last post as the host. from next week you will find the linky party over at Molli Sparkles.

Molli Sparkles

Last week's most visited posts were by Ms Midge

AND Ants to Sugar.

Today's linky party is hosted by Alyce of Blossom Heart Quilts so please make sure that you pop over there to see what folks have been adding to their stash.

Fort Firefly by Birch Fabrics

I first saw this wonderful fabric when Heidi from Fabric Mutt made a gift set back in October. Heidi comes up with such inventive and well executed items. I have been a big fan since meeting her through the first Zakka SAL.


So, on behalf of myself, I ordered a Fat Quarter Bundle from Westwood Acres on Etsy. And then I gave it to myself as a Christmas present (along with two boxes of Hobbit LEGO). Yes, no one knows what I like more than I do. Do you ever do that at Christmas and birthday time?

It has such interesting colourways. Not the usual brights.

It is more subtle.

And I find it alluring.

Well it is farewell from me. I will join the ranks of you all over at Molli Sparkles in 2014 and linkup with Alyce at Blossom Heart Quilts today.


12 comments:

  1. Similar here - I received a large bundle of fabrics, and my daughter received the Lego Hobbit House. It all lead to a very peaceful Christmas evening, when it took her and her dad two hours to build the hobbit house, leaving me a blissful couple of hours to read my new book :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to what you make with this lovely bundle. It reminds me a little of flea market fancy by denyse schmidt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Surprising myself, I like this subtlety too! And there should definitely be more inspiration found from lightning bugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is gorgeous! I also treated myself to new fabric but I will have to wait a few months before I can play with it all. It is still on the other side of the ocean waiting for me to pick it up or someone else to bring it back. Importing fabrics from outside Europe can be expensive because of all the duties and taxes. So I order fabric and then book a holiday... How is that for saving money, LOL?
    Happy New Year
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great fabric choices, I know exactly what you mean, I placed an order at Pink Castle fabrics for my Christmas present from my husband (despite the fact that most of it will be sewn in to something for someone else!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those lightning bugs in jars is one of my all time favorite prints. I should have bought the blue too! Nice stashing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a beautiful line. Very dreamy. It reminds me of cartoons and fairy tales from my childhood. Do you've got specific plans for it?

    Also, right there with you regarding the presents. I do this now and then, though not for the whole loot, and certainly did it this year. I made an order at fabric.com and had it delivered to my mum's. I arrived just in the nick of time - last Sunday. If it hadn't my mum would have needed to draw me a picture. Hehe. Wise woman that she is she got me some wool and knitting needles on top as well - even wiser because the wool is not quite to my taste so she'll get a present out of it, too. ;)

    Wishing you and your family a great New Years and thanks for hosting Sunday Stahs all this time. I might not always have joined in but I loved looking and fawning over everybody's treasures.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are interesting colors.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is lovely fabric. I love the prints and colours. I'm not so into brights.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alluring is definitely a great word for them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am loving these little gems. Thank you for hosting these linkups, and I am glad that I found your blog. Have a wonderul year in 2014.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love Fort Firefly too (and was also introduced to it by Heidi!)! I always 'do' my own gifts too! Much, much better that way. I actually think that I would like some Fort Firefly for Mothers Day...

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.