Thursday 31 May 2012

Merry Month of May

May Finishes

This month has seen me:
  • learn the art of handquilting. Makes for a lovely finish.
  • cut into my stash of Katie Jump Rope - twice.
  • continue to enjoy the projects in the Zakka Sew-Along. And make some new blog friends through it.
  • almost finish my second ever bag.
  • fall in love with linen.
  • finally finish the 'Fussy Fairytales' Quilt.
  • Give the QCA Bee#1 Scrappy Log Cabin quilt to a deserved mum.
  • Start hosting my own linky called 'Sunday Stash' where folks can exhibit their latest stash additions.
  • Learn how to make my own 'button'.
  • Hit 100 followers - and have a small give-away to say thank you.
Viewing - 'Titanic - the mini-series', 'Downton Abbey Series 2, Game of Thrones Season 1, The Voice Australia and Silent Witness.

Reading - The Third Reich Day by Day- Christopher Ailsby, Revolutionary Parenting - George Barna and The Hungry Ocean - Linda Greenlaw.
1. 'Fussy Fairytales' - finished 30/5    2. 'Fussy Fairytales' - back    3. 'FF' block and hand-quilting detail 
4. 'FF' - binding detail    5. 'FF' hand-quilting detail    6. 'FF' hand-quilting detail
7. Zakka Style Sew- Along - Raincloud Mug Rug - finished 14/5  8. ZSSA - RMR hand-stitching detail   9. ZSSA - RMR back
10. ZSSA  Itty Bitty Magnets in charcoal - finished 8/5  11. ZSSA - IBM in natural - finished   12. Katie Jump Kites - 56 blocks sewn 30/5
13. KJK block detail   14. ZSSA Patchwork Pencil Case (back)  - finished 1/5   15. KJK PPC front detail
16. Scrappy Log Cabin - binding 4/5  17. SLC - finished 4/5    18. SLC (back)



19. Craftsy May BOM - finished 4/5   20. QCA Bee#1 Disappearing 9 Patch 4/5  21. Five long-sleeved t-shirts - 22/5

So how did you go in May? Are you also linking up with...


Lily's Quilts

15 comments:

  1. Not nearly as well as you! Fussy Fairytales is a great finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have accomplished a lot! Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've finished some great projects, Fiona! I agree on the linen too, I'm really loving working with it :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job! I like this recap idea. I haven't done much besides Zakka Sew Along.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you've been really busy! Such great looking projects.
    I'll have to make my mosaic tomorrow =D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh well done on finishing the Fussy Fairytales! It's just stunning! What a great and busy month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous mosaic! That Fairytale quilt is just stunning :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your mosaic, especially the Fairy Tales quilt! Gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your mosaics are wonderful (I love the rain cloud embroidery) and I think I may pinch your 'This month has seen me' idea...I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful May finishes and good for you for learning so many new things!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely work!! Thanks for sharing:):) hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fiona, your work is so beautiful...especially when I see it all together like that. I love your use of color. Great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many lovely things Fiona - the fairytales quilt is really beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So many finishes in one month...thats at least 6 months worth for me!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow that is a lot to get done! Very beautiful though. What did you think of the linen?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.