Wednesday 23 May 2012

Flying a Kite

Fussy Fairytales
 I have been slowly working my way through tying the larger patches of un-quilted windows with flourishes of hand-quilting to highlight the features in the print. 
That's what make Heather Ross' Far Far Away prints so delightful to work with because there's always a little flower, owl or sock to embelish. 
I have only to make a few more panels secure and then I should be able to start making the binding.
Katie Jump Kites
Meanwhile I have been flying through the blocks of the 'Katie Jump Kites' top. I guess that I am just over half way now. Each block is so easy to put together with only 3 seams.

This week's stats:
Completed projects - 0
  
Currently in progress   - 'HR Far Far Away 2&3 Fussy Fairytales'  hand quilting the larger sections
                                               - Katie Jump Kites - 37 out of 56 blocks sewn
                                               
On Hold projects   - Mystery Quilt - top pieced



How are your WiPs this week?


I am linking up with...
WIP Wednesday at Freshly Pieced

7 comments:

  1. Love the little details you are adding to the Fussy Fairytales quilt! Just gorgeous!

    And I am so impressed by how much you've gotten done on the Katie Jump Kites! Looking so great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of pretty fabrics in the Katie Jump Kites! Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, your Fussy Fairy tales is really coming along! I love the little details you're doing, and the offset blocks/windows are really lovely! Such an interesting quilt, it'll be fun for the user to just play I spy with it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful progress on your quilts, the hand quilting touches are so lovely. Do you know how you plan to quilt the KJK quilt?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The quilt is coming along great! I love the hand quilting around the specific little items.
    Great progress on the new quilt! =D

    I'm hosting a new swap over at my blog if anyone is interested please pop over for a look =D

    http://ibescheraldine.blogspot.co.uk/p/goodie-bag-swap.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I have commented before but I just LOVE this quilt!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.