Friday 8 February 2013

'Sew Retro' Crockery


This month Chief Wombat is Marieka of Bespoke Bites. Being an amazing farmhouse cook, she has requested retro kitchen as her paper pieced theme. Kristy of Quiet Play whipped up about 6 different patterns over one day. So I chose to make the groovy crockery stack. You can purchase her patterns individually or as a Retro bundle (only $15 for 7 patterns) over at her Craftsy store.

As always Kristy's pattern came together quite easily. I wanted to use my retro 'Dream On' wallpaper fabric that Lara sent me but I did not even bother to line in up. It turned out quite well though. 




I had to include mustard and teal as pot colours - I mean how retro can you get? My favourite two pieces of tupperware are mustard (small scoop) and khakhi (measuring cups). And that red and white enamelware design keeps cropping up in a few Wombat blocks - see Lara's and Kristy's. And you can never have enough orange in a retro kitchen!



So this block is heading Marieka's way with a snippet of Amy Butler for a RASK.
I am in love with that clock!
I am linking up with TGIFF which is growing a healthier following every week.




11 comments:

  1. It turned out so well! The retro wallpaper is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it - the Dream on fabric is perfect !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love! You gals are all so tricky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That block looks great! Good wallpaper :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute block and the wallpaper is perfect! (found you through TGIFF)
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I may have to buy this set of patterns - they are so brilliant!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is going to be one cute quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That block is amazing! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My eyes are very happy looking at all the great colors and designs in this post! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.