Tuesday 20 December 2011

Christmas Gifts

A few years back my mother made a lovely quilt.  




I inherited the off cuts...already triangles.
Then I ironed them.

Then I sewed them together.  

Pressed them.

I had about 140 of them...in piles of 4.


Then I started playing with the patterns. This is the first time I have sewn triangles and I was so surprised the umber of ways to put a block together.

Negative Windmill
Positive Windmill
Flying geese

Pinwheels
Stripes
Negative diamonds
Positive diamonds
Then I started quilting.

Then I started binding.

Sewing the binding to the front.

Finding the  'sweet point' in the binding




Pinning to machine bind


 Then I had some lovely mug rugs to give to my friends for Christmas.



 I popped some Christmas fabric on the back of some. Perfect for a Christmas mug rug.


1 comment:

  1. What a fantastic idea Fiona! I love them! It is very interesting the number of combinations you can create with the same building block - well done!

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.